Friday, December 27, 2013

Recent Projects

So…it’s been awhile. We’ve been busy with so many things and so much to share, but I think for now I will just stick with sharing some of my Christmas projects.

In my mind I can do anything. Clearly since I can sew two pieces of fabric together I can clearly do anything I put my mind to! Well, I have no plans to be making intricate clothing, but I figured a quilt and some binding shouldn’t be too hard. Right?!

Soooo wrong. I watched some YouTube videos and asked around and was sure I could figure my way through it. I definitely overestimated my abilities.

Turns out, binding is a bitch and micro fleece is stretchy, rips easy and a serious pain.

 

027

This is the back of a a blanket I “quilted” and this is after  I tried to repair it. Oh, I tried to repair it, tore a small hole in it  (panicked) and just did my best to make it look as not messed up as possible.

I almost scrapped it and just went out and bought my niece something else. But the front was SO cute and I was really proud of the work I did for the front so I saw it through. I’m glad I did.

008

I don’t think she’ll care about the technical aspects I messed up on. Not because children have low standards, but because it is special and Auntie made it.

I also made another project for Niecey-poo. It also has some glaring technical hiccups but I hope she loves it all the same.

002

006

005

No comments:

Post a Comment