Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Etiquette...or lack thereof

Over 30 days since we put in the offer on our house and we are still....waiting. I've tried looking up etiquette for situations like these, is it rude and pushy to put in a call daily to see what the progress is or is it perfectly reasonable. I get the sense that they are just patronizing me and then I get the "we'll call you as soon as we know anything". But on occasion, I've spoken to the agent or our loan officer halfway through the day and they will say "oh, I haven't checked my email yet today" and other similar comments. So I call. I understand that our family buying a house is not the center of all that they do, but it is the main focus in our life at this time and that is why it seems necessary to call everyday just to see how everything is progressing. This whole process if overly frustrating (though from the sounds of it, we are not doing any worse than anyone else at the same point in the process) and neither Zippercow nor myself do so well with things being open ended and unresolved. We just want to know the date!

On a much different note, I have found the perfect art table for Little Moo. A box! He has helped decorate most of the boxes we put his toys in and we had to sacrifice one large box just for the purpose of coloring, stickering, playing in, building forts with, racing cars, and the list goes on! Now obviously I won't be able to save these boxes in a scrapbook or anything, but it certainly is fun! He seems to be doing well with the idea of moving (we will see if that continues to be true once the move takes place) and asks every time we leave our current home if we are going to buy a house. We tell him "yes, but not today" because heck, we don't even know when!

No comments:

Post a Comment