Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Proper Goodbye

I like to pretend that I don’t get attached to material things and I like to think that I am pretty good at letting go of the things we no longer need. But then we had our last baby. Now every time our Littlest Moo grows out of something I get a little sad when I think of parting with it. Like the cute little onesies  he wore as a newborn. Or the ones that both he and Little Moo wore. Those are hard. But of course there are a few things that we are ready to get rid of that we won’t be sad about. Like the baby bathtub. Those things are so huge and ridiculous and in a small house there really is no where to store it. man am I glad he no longer needs that thing! Also the baby swing. While a dear friend to us in his early months it takes up tons of floor space which is at a premium in our house so we were not sad to see it go!

I thought that I’d post to pay homage to those baby items in our home that served us well and deserve a proper send off.  These items being the cutest and most importantly served to make parenting just a teensie bit easier.

One of our favorite baby item was this bouncy chair. Zippercow and I still say it is the BEST $25 we ever spent! It was the ONLY place that I could put Little Moo down when he was a baby that he wouldn’t scream like a banshee and sometimes he’d even nap in it allowing precious moments to use the bathroom and brush last weeks morning breath away.

020

This is the magic baby chair.

022

It once had a toy bar

025

with cute little giraffes and a little blue ball.

024

It has served this household well

IMG_0675_edited-1029

Both Little and Littlest Moo loved this chair! I wanted to cry when it was time to throw it out. Sadly it was too loved to pass on to someone else as you can probably see from the pictures above. The toy bar would not stay screwed on and the fabric was tearing. But it made it through my two kids and my niece so it seemed right to retire it. Still, it was hard to say goodbye. It just seemed…wrong. 

So how about you? Do you have a much beloved baby item that you just can’t  part with? Maybe you’ve already gotten rid of it but it made you sad to do so? Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment