Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First Grade All the Way!

Can you believe it?! Little Moo is in first grade! Today was his first day. This is big kid territory here. School all day and you get to bring your lunch!  Just look how cool he thinks he is.

023

I didn’t even tell him to pose. He just did that.

022

It would be funny to say he’s embarrassed, but actually he claimed it was too bright out. Oh man, he’s quite the character!

I know I’m a smart-ass a lot (okay, most of the time) and I have had my share of facebook posts about the crazy things my 6 year old does that result in me wanting to run screaming from the house whilst simultaneously tearing out my hair but I sure love him.. A lot. Here are just some of the reasons I love him so.

1. He’s funny. Aside from the obvious poop, fart and burp humor that boys like so much he has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. I think he will take to sarcasm quite nicely.

2. He’s kind. He enjoys being a helper to everyone in the family. He takes pride it in.

3. He gives compliments. He will often tell someone “you look nice” or “I like your dress/shirt/hair”

4. He loves to read. I hope he always does

009

5. He likes to build Legos. I especially enjoy that he comes up with his own creations.

6. He’s sensitive. He is affected by the emotions others have. He feels. I know that isn’t always what manly men qualify a desirable trait but I know this will make him a great human being.

7. He’s smart. Oh so smart. Too smart for his own good, but it makes for interesting conversations for sure!

8. He sleeps in funny places. Example A:

002

Top bunk, in a box. That’s how he rolls. Never mind that we spent a great deal of money on a bunk bed for him, he sleeps in a box or on his “third bunk” (a blanket on the floor under the bed). My strange, loveable boy!

9. He has a fantastic fashion sense, as I’ve previously documented on this blog. I mean Santa socks with sandals, shorts, and a jacket?  He’s going places with clothes like that!

10. He embodies some of the best (and a few of the not so so great) qualities of both Zippercow and I and that makes him uniquely him! Love you Little Moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment