Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Fun…

Do you ever do something with your kids because it is a family tradition or it seems like you should be doing it? Some activity that should create warm fuzzy family moments, but somehow they fall a little short? That’s how I feel about carving pumpkins. It always seems like a fun fall fun activity but I’m usually wrong, and then the next Halloween comes around and I forget (until I’m halfway through) that I wasn’t going to do that again.

002

Sure, carving pumpkins can be fun…for about five minutes while the kids are interested, but the other 9o minutes are brutal. There is the repeated yelling at the children to “stop grabbing at the knife blade”or  “please don’t fling the pumpkin guts off your hand”and two minutes later  “no I can’t find your favorite toy or turn on a movie, I’m up to my elbow in pumpkin guts!” then there is the standing over multiple pumpkins scraping them out and carving them. Oh and don’t forget the forty five minutes spent standing over the sink going through pumpkin mush to find pumpkin seeds.

007

Sure I don’t have to do that part, but something good has to come from all the work and mess right?

It is just SO much work.

036

For…

025 Oh right…the kids. They are cute. And I love them. Ugh…guess who will be carving pumpkins again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment