Friday, July 15, 2011

Birthday Season

Or otherwise known in our house as Christmas in July. Why is that you ask? Of the four birthdays in our family three of them are in July. The other one (Zippercow’s) is in December. So twice a year we have to figure out massive gift giving.  We don’t mind so much, but it certainly makes things interesting around here! I will be doing a series of posts highlighting each person’s birthday for this month. We’ll start with me!

This year I turned 29! I joke “29 for the first year” but really I’m not so worried about turning thirty. I know many of my friends are not very thrilled about the big 3-0 but I don’t understand why. That could be since I was twelve my mom would joke that I was “twelve going on thirty” of course  adding a year every year, but the same comment. I guess I’m looking forward to actually being the age I have acted most of my life. What’s better is that I know SO much more than I did when I was twelve! I enjoy that with every passing year I learn so much more about myself and the world around me. So if you ask me twenty-nine is just the lead up to the best year EVER!

This year I have a couple goals.

*Celebrate my thirtieth in misses clothes versus plus size. I don’t care if it is the very largest size in misses, just so long as it is no longer plus sized.

* Continue and improve our efforts to be more healthy and do more activities as a family

*I’d like to continue to learn about photography and actually catch up on my scrapbooking

026

(this photo was taken with my tripod and remote that I got for my birthday. Little Moo insisted I show him how it works. Now I just need to take one with all of us when Littlest Moo isn’t napping!)

* And of course most importantly spending lots of time loving all my boys!!!

Here’s to 29!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a happy birthday, and I LOVE your positive take on turning 30! I hope you know, though, that in misses or plus size, you will be one fabulous 30-year-old who has accomplished all the right things! :)

    ReplyDelete