Thursday, July 21, 2011

Five Alive!!!

 

016

It is official, as of Sunday evening Little Moo is 5!  He is very excited about this. I was hoping (in an utterly delusional way) that some switch would turn and there would be a  return of the sweet boy I know he is. Apparently his switch was defective. Darn.

Well I suppose that isn’t entirely true. Little Moo has very suddenly decided he can (and will) do things on his own even if that means pulling up a chair to reach the cups to get he and his brother some water. One day he even asked for some snack and I told him after I went to the bathroom I would get them something to eat.  When I came out and he had gotten both he and Niecey-poo a snack and water, sippy lid and all. Sure there was a trail of water across the kitchen and goldfish crumbs everywhere because they had polished off the package. But he did it himself and he couldn’t be prouder. And neither can I. Do I like having to clean up his independence??? Not so much. But seeing how accomplished he feels fills my heart and makes it bearable. Kind of like when they are 9 months and poop everywhere, but they give you a huge grin and giggle and you can’t help but laugh. Sure there is crap everywhere, but you love them so you’ll get over it.

088

This year Little Moo received (from Zippercow and I)  REAL tools that are his size and his very own. He is beyond thrilled to be able to “help” Daddy. Now whether his Dad is just as excited remains to be seen. Fortunately Zippercow likes helping him learn despite the many white hairs if gives him, which is a big deal, he only has a few!

034

He is a jack of all trades this little boy is. He can be caught at night when he should be going to bed dressing up in costumes and dancing to the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack in the mirror then fall asleep with his pile of books around him. You add the yard work, wrestling and incessant who, what, where, when, why and how you have a pretty full day!

When starting this post I wasn’t sure if I wanted to just make it all mushy and starry eyed about how magical these last 5 years have been or complain about how frustrating they have been.  The truth is I wouldn’t change any of it for anything. Frustration helps to teach him and teach us and when the tears (mine) have dried we have some great stories to share.  He is a smart and talented  little boy and we are proud of our Little Moo. He continues to grow and frustrate amaze us and we look forward to what 5 brings us!

1 comment:

  1. When Pappa Moo and his cousins grew to be five years old, I observed that there is hardly a more disgusting creature on the planet than a five year old boy. They delight in disgusting things. Fortunately for them (and us), they can magically turn into the most charming creatures on the planet in the blink of an eye, and watching them grow and learn is rewarding enough that we let them live to be six!

    ReplyDelete