Monday, May 9, 2011

Finally!

Do you remember that one time when I said we were painting the interior of our house? Oh, and that when we were done I would post pictures our our lovely painted home? Oh, you don’t remember… Wellllll we  finished about a month ago and I thought that maybe I’d finally share with everyone else!

This is our kitchen before we moved in…

00005

And our kitchen now (2 years later) We have painted, removed the terrible tile and put the new floors in and I love all of it!!! I made the valance from an old set of curtains and purchased the artwork on the wall from the clearance section at Ross. I almost put it back (because I talk myself out of most purchases) but my dear friend convinced me it would look nice. That was before we painted of course, but I think I love it even more now!

017

 

Our living room before we moved in…

00019

Our Living Room After…Yep, couldn’t even be bothered to turn the TV off first. How I Met Your Mother Anyone?

024

001

 

The view down the hall before…

00020

And after! Who knew we’d spend so much time looking down this hall telling Little Moo to get back in his room at bedtime. Okay, so it isn’t totally shocking!

023

Our dining room before we moved in. Don’t mind our real estate agent in the shot. You get the idea!

00023

And now! Tada!!!! Painted and I’m sure you will notice that there is no carpet in the dining room. Whose brainiac idea is that anyhow? In what circumstance is it EVER a good idea to have carpet under a dining room table?  Even if I didn’t have children I lack the grace it takes to be human and am always spilling things so…

016

 

You might noticed nothing is really staged. It was enough that there aren’t piles of junk everywhere, so this is what it looks like clean…mostly. You might have also noticed that some of the walls are blank, specifically the dining room. I haven’t decided what I’ve wanted to do with the space and much like  with the shelves pictured below I have decided that instead of just buying something to fill the space so that it will be “finished” I am going to wait until I find something that I think is perfect. I have a lifetime to live in my home and collect things that I enjoy. For now we’re  happy that the walls aren’t white and that I have something on some of the walls

008

So this is the inside of our home! Sure it won’t be in any magazines but we love it and enjoy making improvements as time goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment