Monday, December 8, 2008

We're moved, now what?

Home ownership. It's not quite what it is made out to be. I've been told for years how important it is to buy a home and not throw your money away renting and have been lead to believe that it is this magical thing home ownership. I haven't witnessed it so far. So far the water heater has been broken, the sink is leaking and we aren't sure that the bathroom heater works correctly. Before I go on I should say that I am very happy with the choice we made, it is a wonderful home, and I can only imagine the nightmare that would have been awaiting us with some of the older homes we were looking at. But I can't help but feel slightly mislead. This is it? We are living in a place that is ours, so that means I can't call the landlord to fix our list of issues and we have to pay for it too!!! I know that I shouldn't complain, it is wonderful that we have gotten ourselves into the position to buy a home, and the only comparison I can think of is having a baby, it is exciting and new and after a few days the blinders come of and reality sets in that you have a lot of work ahead of you. That being said I would never give my baby back, so I'm sure the work on the house will be well worth it too.

There are some theories (my own) on my blahness factor. First is the fact that we worked so hard to be in a place to purchase a home, there was a goal. Now what? I know we should be working towards retirement and college education for Little Moo, but those things are really far away so it is hard to be really excited about either. We have no idea where to put most of our stuff. The garage is piled high with boxes, so much so that our car barely fits in the two car garage! And, well we have clothes in our closets, toys in little moos room and our kitchen is all unpacked so what on earth is in the rest of the boxes?!?! Did I mention the meds I'm taking to try and conceive are making me crazy. This too could play a large role in my blahness. Actually, it could be to blame for this entire post! Just think if I wasn't crazy I most likely would not be complaining about a new house. It is slightly bonkers I know. I'm sure I'll feel better when we do things like paint the interior walls, add a fence, and build a deck. But for now, it just feels like another rental, only now we are responsible for the maintenance!

No comments:

Post a Comment