Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And He’s Off!!!

Today was the day! Our Little Moo (who is getting so big) had his very first day of Kindergarten!  It is crazy to me that we are already here, that he is ready for this milestone. The time goes so quickly. And let me tell you, he was so excited he was vibrating. He woke up before 7am and came out of his room dressed asking for his breakfast. Mind you that school doesn’t start until 8:45am, but he wanted to leave the second he woke up.

Day1kindergartenbreakfast.jpg

I convinced him to hold off on breakfast for a whole 15 minutes and then he got to eat his special first-day-of-kindergarten cereal. A sample box that came in the mail a week ago. I told him he could have on his first day. Every morning for the last week he pulled that box out and would give the countdown to when he could eat it.

I’m not sure where I get such deluded ideas that once school started things would be different with him. Well the only thing that is different is that I have to put up with his same tom foolery while getting him and his cousin and his brother ready to get him out the door. Where do I get these ideas anyhow, I took him to preschool for a whole year last year!

Day1kindergartenhome.jpg

I am nervous not because I don’t think he will do well, because I know he’s smart and should be fine, it is that he is so young! Did I prepare him for this much independence? It is scary to think of him getting off the bus and going to the playground and then making it to his class when the whistle blows without me. The playground is SO LARGE and he is just a Little Moo. This is my panic point. Today he did not take the bus, but I told him could on Friday. I need He needs another couple days navigating.

Day1kindergartenschool.jpg

As you can see he was so done with pictures, I COULD NOT get one with him looking at me. He didn’t even care if I stayed, he just wanted to go play with all those kids!

Sigh.

He is just so big.

1 comment: