Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Love Spray Paint!

Who doesn’t right? It’s messy and fumy fun! I’ve done a number of projects with spray paint, but I particularly enjoyed this one. I decided I wanted to have a bunch of potted flowers. Given my track record with plants it seems ridiculous, but I kept alive some petunias last year so how hard could it be right? If you’ve ever noticed pots are expensive and in order to have a lot of them, well… you have to spend a lot of money. So I thought I would take a bunch of the black pots we already had for our various trees and shrubs (which are all dead, seriously I can’t take a hint!) clean them up and make them purdy.

pot project1.jpg

Start with miscellaneous pots (cleaned) and an old appliance box to protect the driveway.

pot project2.jpg 

Rough them up a bit so the paint will stick. Wipe off any dust before painting.

pot project3.jpg

Pick out your favorite spray paint color. I wanted something fun and this Rust-oleum stuff is great, the nozzle allows you to spray in any direction! Read the directions on the can for drying times.  Don’t forget to accidentally stand in front of the breeze so that you paint your legs and feet too.

pot project4.jpg

The dark color required multiple coats for good coverage. You don’t need to get the inside as thoroughly as the outside, just the top part that might be seen after you get the soil in. The same is true of the bottom too. And then you get this!

pot project5.jpg

050

Yes, my growing skills are awesome aren’t they? My gardening prowess aside the pots turned out pretty cute.  There are SO many possibilities! Great for outdoor weddings or to brighten up an otherwise dull yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment