Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why I Don’t Bother

If you have ever been to my house you may have noticed (but hopefully not) that my windows are not clean.  With the exception of the bathroom mirror every glass surface has finger prints and smooshed kid face prints all over. Sure once or twice a year I bust our the Windex and clean those windows

window_clean

But within seconds, like a moth to a flame I get this

June 2007 051 resized

Baby cling!!!

Because what is better than smearing up and licking clean glass??? Beats me. Heck, even the cats get in on it and sneeze on it or whatever other weird things cats like to do to make an otherwise clean object messy.

Both our room and Little Moo’s room have full mirrored sliding doors which are full of the little grimy prints. And I know it isn’t me  grubbin’ them up because they are in toddler range, just the bottom half of the mirrors. Five minutes ago I cleaned the ones in Little Moo’s room so that we could hang some things on the mirror. I even pointed out to Little Moo how nice it was to actually be able to see our reflection in the mirror, which he seemed pretty impressed with. Sweet, maybe this will last a day or two or…..NOT.

Currently Little Moo and Niecey Poo are blowing raspberries on the clean mirrors. Yep folks, that is why I don’t bother. They were on that glass before I even finished!!!

Some may find lazy, I just see it as making efficient use my time.

91236795

“Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing” ~Phyllis Diller

No comments:

Post a Comment